Canon Medical Systems allows access to almost all of its services without any need to submit personal data. However, certain services, such as those described below, cannot be used without the provision of personal data.
In all these examples, personal data is required only to the extent necessary to support customer convenience, to improve the quality of our services, or to offer services that better meet customer needs.
For the purposes of this policy, "personal data" refers to any information, whether true or not, about an individual who can be identified (a) from that data; or (b) from that data and other information to which we have or are likely to have access, and which includes one or any combination of the following: name, age, date of birth, telephone number, e-mail address, street address, place of employment, credit card number, bank account details, and details of inquiries to us.
For more details, please refer to Intended Use of Personal Data.
Anyone who does not wish to provide Canon Medical Systems with personal data can withhold consent, though doing so may prevent access to certain services that Canon Medical Systems provides. Individuals who do not wish to provide Canon Medical Systems with personal data can withhold consent, though doing so may prevent access to certain services that Canon Medical Systems provides.
In principle, Canon Medical Systems does not disclose or provide personal data to third parties, except in the following circumstances.
1. When express consent to do so is received from the person concerned.
2. When an inquiry concerning a product or service can be more appropriately handled by a Canon Medical Systems subsidiary, affiliate or distributor that is responsible for that product or service.
3. When Canon Medical Systems consigns such activities as promotional campaigns or competitions to other entities, in which cases personal data is covered by the terms of a non-disclosure agreement.
4. When it is necessary to complete settlement of payment for products ordered or services provided (e.g. providing information to financial institutions to facilitate credit card transactions, etc.)
5. When any judicial order, law, regulation or the like in any jurisdiction obliges Canon Medical Systems to disclose personal data.
6. When the business is succeeded to by another entity by way of a merger, corporate separation, transfer of business or otherwise.
Canon Medical Systems manages personal data in an appropriate manner. Strict security measures ensure that personal data is securely saved and kept from loss, misuse or improper alteration.
Individuals who wish to confirm their personal data should contact the section responsible for the services where they input the information or contact our Data Protection Officer (at email@example.com). Canon Medical Systems will provide the personal data that it has when it has confirmed that the individual making the inquiry is the person concerned. This restriction is applied to prevent leakage of personal data to third parties. When personal data contains errors or needs to be updated, Canon Medical Systems will make the required changes, when it has confirmed that the individual making the request is the person concerned. This restriction applies to prevent leakage of personal data to third parties.
Canon Medical Systems exercises the greatest possible caution to protect the privacy of children. Children under 18 years old are requested to provide personal data only after obtaining the consent of a parent or guardian.
Communication with, reporting to, inquiries into or other contact with competent governmental authorities required for the execution of business
Because Canon Medical Systems is engaged in wide-ranging business activities, intended use of personal data is informed individually for each product and service.